The major advantage of online dating is that you need few resources to get started, access to a computer, an Internet connection and time are all you need. Think of the hours you can spend at work chatting to prospective dates when you should be more gainfully employed. The great world of online dating is available to anyone and everyone 24/7. So what else is so great about it?
* Since it is accessible from anywhere and anytime, you don’t have to spend hours getting yourself ready to go out to make contact with someone. You can do it without showering and naked if you feel so inclined. You don’t have to worry about being rejected or getting embarrassed.
* The net makes things simpler, online dating gives you freedom, flexibility and time to pick and choose who you want to date. Online services allow you to search thousands of singles and discover the best matches for yourself. Take a quick look through some of the profiles and different dating sites and you will be amazed at the sheer variety of people who are actively looking. From lawyers to bus drivers there is something for everyone and every religion, race and belief seems to be represented. In fact it is worth looking just to check out the variety of the human race, there are some sites catering for specific groups of people who even I had not come across before.
* Posting a profile on a dating sites is a major advantage to most other methods of getting your details out there and finding those that interest you. Profiling allows users to limit their search to include at least basic essential matching criteria, such as location, age and sexual orientation.
* With dating online, theoretically you can search the world for your ideal partner, however you may prefer to search within driving distance of your own home. Most online dating services provide the facility of limiting searches to driving or even walking distance. You can select and search by country, region and town or city, so you might even be able to line yourself up a date for your next trip abroad, without even leaving your front room.
* Other than the advantage of the sheer number of people you have access to online, you also have the advantage of having a variety of ways to interact with these people and get to know them. The various internet dating sites provide a wide range of services and features such as chat rooms where conversations can range from favourite movies to common internet dating experiences. You can even take part in interactive games where you can play with that special someone to spark an online dating connection. Some of them also have advanced features like voice and video profiles. With features like these you stand a far better chance of finding that special someone than you would by placing a 4 line advert in a newspaper personals column or by going out to a club for the evening.
* With online dating, you are not restricted to just talking with one person. You should keep up a dialogue with several people and get to know them via email before committing to that first phone conversation or first date. It is always good to keep several irons in the dating fire, as they say!
* The relative cost of meeting someone online compared with more conventional methods is also worth noting. Most dating services provide free initial membership and you can post personal ads free of charge. Even when there is a membership charge this is usually no more than the cost of a drink.
* Internet dating has the other major advantage of overcoming the fear of rejection. While rejection can still be painful online, an e-mail with ‘Sorry not interested’ or just no response, is much easier than a face to face rejection. The risks of saying the wrong thing are also lessened and disgust returned over an e-mail or instant message requires much less self-esteem recovery than a look of disgust or a face to face public humiliation..
* The last but not the least advantage of online dating is safety. Given the anonymity of the Internet and the tools provided with most online dating services to limit undesirable contact, safety must be recognised as a significant advantage to online dating over many traditional means of meeting partners. However the same caution needs to be exercised when meeting up with someone in person for the first time.
With the many advantages of internet dating there is no reason for not trying it out. The most important thing is to choose the most appropriate online dating service that will satisfy your needs. There are hundreds of dating sites on the net but only a few are worth visiting. Try our dating site reviews for information on some of the best dating sites out there.
Remember just because you don’t get an instant response does not mean that someone has rejected you, they may just not have checked their replies or may even have found someone and not had time to remove their profile. Give it some time before you give up on that person and remember to check for replies to your personal ads at least once a week.
Don’t be afraid to reply to more than one ad, at least 3 is a good idea. You should also place your ad on several dating sites and again 3 is probably a good number to manage. Some sites will have better coverage of your area or your requirements so test a few.
Never before has it been easier to find that special person.
Clare Davies is a writer and relationship counsellor for more information and resources see [http://love-sex-relationships.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Clare_A_Davies/1181131